At Ysgol Y Deri the occupational therapists work closely with parents, teachers, support staff and other professionals. The holistic aim is for pupils to develop and maintain skills that promote participation in all learning experiences so that they can reach their full potential. The therapists provide a range of interventions, which can be individual, group sessions or programs implemented by school staff.
Examples of interventions include:
· Developing independent living skills in dressing, toileting, bathing and eating/drinking.
· Assessing and monitoring of specialist seating
· Hand splints to maintain hand position
Manual handling assessments
· Environmental assessments and modification
· Sensory processing assessments
· Rebound therapy