Indoor and Outdoor Gym
At Ysgol Y Deri pupils have access to both an indoor and outdoor gym. These areas are not solely used for PE lessons and pupils also benefit from
- Occupational Therapy structured routines focusing on developing pupils mobility and flexibilty
- Physiotherapy plans designed to increase less mobile pupils movement
- Structured fitness class/lessons focusing on health and wellbeing
- Opportunities to increase confidence outside school in accessing community gym facilities
- Somewhere to come and relieve the stresses of the day
Ysgol Y Deri have a Hydrotherapy Pool on site, we have sensory , audio and IT equipment which enhances the therapeutic sessions that run with our qualified staff. There is a sensory splash pool and thrust jet.
The splash pool is suitable for our younger pupils and for sensory water play and the hoisting system allows access for all pupils.
Rebound Therapy is the phrase that describes the specific 'model' of exercise therapy that uses trampolines to provide opportunities for movement, therapeutic exercise and recreation for people across the whole spectrum of special needs.
Trampolining is concerned more with the physical form. The focus is more on the core trampoline. The techniques and exercises provide a model of developing posture and positioning while increasing the difficulty of each task, in turn developing a sequences or programmes.
Both disciplines overlap and can help to develop various physical and sensory skills, for example coordination, self confidence, balance, muscle tone, stamina, relaxation and a sense of achievement.